Ira Glass and Mike Birbiglia on "Sleepwalk with Me"

Monday, August 20, 2012

Ira Glass and Mike Birbiglia discuss collaborating on the new movie “Sleepwalk with Me.” The film was written, directed by, and stars Mike Birbiglia, and it’s based on his one-man show and “This American Life” stories about his adventures with sleep disturbances and relationship upheaval. "Sleepwalk with Me" opens August 24 at the IFC Center.

Mike Birbiglia and Ira Glass

anon

Wow. It's like an Italian dinner party, with everyone talking over everyone. Way to ruin an interview, guys. This was just painful to listen to.

Aug. 20 2012 01:29 PM
Smokey from LES

I can so identify with the sleepwalking stories! I once woke up, naked, in a hotel hallway at 2 AM - with my key inside the locked door!

(I finally found the janitor's closet, took out the trash liner, went down the elevator to the front desk and just pretended nothing was amiss, and said, "I've locked myself out of my room - may I please have another key?" It worked!)

Aug. 20 2012 01:25 PM
mck from NYC

The current (September) Scientific American has an article on REM sleep disorder and the even more rare instances of individuals who have committed violent acts while sleepwalking. The first use of a sleepwalking defense was in 1846.

Aug. 20 2012 01:22 PM
Kressel

Since you want to make more movies, I suggest you turn EXTREME MONEY by Satyajit Das into a black comedy and get Omi Vaidya ("The Three Idiots") to play the lead.

Aug. 20 2012 01:16 PM
Guest from north Jersey

Good god! Did Ira Glass slam a Red Bull before this interview? Slow down, Ira. And please stop talking over Mike Birbiglia--you're sounding like the Piers Morgan of radio.

Aug. 20 2012 01:13 PM
Aaron from NYC

I can't believe how obnoxious Ira is being. He is monopolizing the interview, and talking over everyone. Bad form.

Aug. 20 2012 01:13 PM
John A. from ex-Pop bubble

Just in time to make a profit before people reassess their media consumption lives. See segment 1.

Aug. 20 2012 01:12 PM