Andy Cohen: Most Talkative

Monday, July 30, 2012

Andy Cohen, the man behind the "Real Housewives," discusses his lifelong love affair with pop culture. In Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture he talks about his show "Watch What Happens Live," tells tales of his ten years at CBS News, and shares encounters with the heroes and heroines of his youth.

Andy Cohen

mollie from Brooklyn

Some people like public radio AND reality T.V. I wish this interview was longer. Andy is a gem and his Housewives shows are genius.

Jul. 31 2012 02:04 AM
J.J. from Bklyn

I agree. It's the same problem I have with the dumbing down of the Times; this garbage gets ENOUGH attention in mainstream outlets, which is fine, but please, WNYC should be striving to give the listeners something with a little more substance. Isn't that why you plead for money several times a year?! Please, Leonard and team, you can do a lot better.

And as for Cohen...is this the best YOU can do?! You must be so proud of your "product". Bravo? Didn't it used to be called ARTS and entertainment. Now it's human train wrecks and faux drama.

Jul. 30 2012 01:55 PM
audrey palmatier from Long Branch,New Jersey

After listen to Mr. Cohen, I understand why I dislike the shows he produces.I did not know who he was and when i first heard his voice and manner of speaking, while listening on my car radio, I thought he was trying to be a teenage Girl. All the OMG's he used and the other things I hear young girls use I could not believe when you said who he was and what he does. Now I know why Television has become such a waste land. No reflection on Your mother who loves his shows,a lot of us lose are ability to think when we reach old age.
PS, One of my sons was Gay, he died recently, and I never heard any of his friends sound so "Gay" I really thought Mr Cohen must kidding.

Jul. 30 2012 01:15 PM
mimmia from Flushing

The reason I listen to public radio is to escape reality shows amongst which "Housewives" is high on the list. Please, no more of this.

Jul. 30 2012 01:04 PM
jgarbuz from Queens

Thank God for the internet. I don't watch TV anymore, except for PBS and The Simpsons. I get all my news from overseas sources, and if I watch any TV shows (besides the Colbert Report), they are usually old shows from way back on Hulu, Netflix, and other internet-based sources. TV is for the low IQ crowd that represents the bulk consumers for all the drek that is pushed on cable and broadcast TV ad nauseum. I'd rather they confiscate my TV altogether than having to watch all the drek and peddlers of it that infests broadcast and cable TV today.

Jul. 30 2012 12:53 PM
alice from Williamsburg

You seem so innocent about the fights at the housewives reunions but you clearly are pulling strings behind the scenes to create that hideous drama. Do you ever feel guilty for creating things so shallow? You seem to be a knowledgable person interested in the better side of humanity. It's confusing. Not sure sometimes how you sleep at night.

Jul. 30 2012 12:53 PM