How Much Money Do Olympic Athletes Make?

Monday, July 30, 2012

Forbes senior editor Kurt Badenhausen, who covers the business of sports, discusses how much of the big money at the Olympic Games goes to the actual athletes.

Kurt Badenhausen

a listener

The Brits singularize "sport" and pluralize "drugs testing." Where on Earth did they learn to speak English!

;-))

Jul. 30 2012 11:30 AM
Jeff Pappas from Dumbo

Delayed events are seriously irresponsible. Who wants to watch when you cant see it LIVE
Also NBC interrupts this delayed showing with a crazy logo that swoops in and distracts viewers even more !
I watched the Moon landing live at age 7
I ll bet the Mars landing will have sponsers. Understood is the speed of light, but on this planet ther is no excuse, just Corporate Greed and in sensitivity

Jul. 30 2012 11:29 AM
ALANA

Nothing is free. NBC "FREE" streaming is only accessible to people who already pay for cable television. If you use an antenna you cannot access this feature. I don't pay for cable television bc I think it is overpriced. Without an existing account with a cable provider I am unable to access Live Streaming and am beholden to what NBC thinks I want to watch and when.

Jul. 30 2012 11:27 AM
Robert from NYC

That's baloney Brian, this corporate take over of the Olympics should be investigated and should not ruin it but it does. Don't look beyond anything that's how we got to where we are now with a messed up economy and in a depression. WE don't all make the wonderful salaries with all the benefits of radio hosts. Don't look beyond the corporate run Olympics it stinks and should be investigated and stopped.

Jul. 30 2012 11:25 AM
Marc from NYC

Why are we allowing professional Basketball and Tennis players into the olympics but are only playing a soccer tournament that is 23 years old and younger? What distinction has happened here?

Jul. 30 2012 11:21 AM
Dustin from Bushwick, Brooklyn

I was a resident advisor at the University of Utah, where our dorms had served as the Athletes' Village at the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games. We were specifically instructed by our supervisors that we could not use the word "Olympics" in any of the activities we planned for our residents. I don't know if that was because of our dorms' connection to the 2002 Games, but they did say it was a specific request from the IOC.

Jul. 30 2012 11:20 AM