Living, Thinking, Looking: Essays by Siri Hustvedt

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Acclaimed novelist and essayist Siri Hustvedt will discuss Living, Thinking, Looking: Essays, her new collection of meditations on philosophy, psychology, neuroscience, literature and psychoanalysis.

→ EVENT: Siri Hustvedt in conversation with Paul Auster at The Strand, Thursday, June 14, 7:00-8:00pm

→ EVENT: Reading, Q&A, and book signing at Community Bookstore (143 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn), Thursday, June 21, 7:00-8:00pm

Siri Hustvedt
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Lee from Manhattan

Just noticed Sze's earlier comment. I think I understand now how Hustvedt got her platform. With so many genuinely able writers and thinkers in the world, there's no excuse for featuring this kind of work.

Jun. 12 2012 12:13 PM
Sze from Greenpoint

Nice try, "Elle."

Jun. 12 2012 12:07 PM
Elle from Brooklyn

I haven't yet read any of Ms. Hustvedt's books, but I have heard her on several panels discussing such authors as Jane Austen and George Eliot. I have found her to be lively, articulate, and insightful. I recently picked up a used copy of "What I Loved," and I am looking forward to reading it.

Jun. 12 2012 12:04 PM
Lee from Manhattan

What palaver. Ever consider reading a paragraph of literary criticism, even the tired kind from 60 years ago,of which these statements are a dim, far less interesting echo? How did Hustvedt get this platform?

Jun. 12 2012 11:58 AM
Sze from Greenpoint

Apparently your career really opens up when you marry Paul Auster.

Jun. 12 2012 11:50 AM