Guest Picks: Joan Rivers

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

The one and only Joan Rivers was on the Lopate Show to explain why she hates everything...starting with herself. But she also told us some of the things she likes, including chocolate!

What have you read or seen over the past year (book, play, film, etc...) that moved or surprised you?

Unorthodox by Deborah Feldman
          Wild by Cheryl Strayed

What are you listening to right now?

Music, talk radio

What's the last great book you read?

Joan Rivers - I Hate Everybody

What's one thing you're a fan of that people might not expect?

Painting

What's your favorite comfort food?

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... especially Milk Duds.

Joan Rivers

More in:

kevin from upper LS

elizabeth from brooklyn-
the ugly that lies behind the "friendly" face of political correctness,is a thousand fold more corrosive and vile, than anything ms rivers could ever say. i think it's really dangerous to think the way you do.

Jun. 06 2012 06:27 AM
Coack Mentor

Not impressed so what she liked Unorthodox? She's not much of a critic

Jun. 05 2012 05:01 PM
Elizabeth from Brooklyn

Leonard, you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing Ms Rivers to use your platform to mock overweight and disabled people. Her history of abusing folks who dare to exist while poor, fat, disabled, or of color is well-known. To giggle with her at the expense of so many in your audience was in very bad taste, and I am embarrassed for you.

Jun. 05 2012 02:00 PM
Sue from San Francisco

Joan is a remarkable woman who has made a huge impact on many. I'm most impressed that she made Leonard laugh as I've not heard any other guest do. Brava Miss Joan! And thank you for not only making us howl but for you generosity!

Jun. 05 2012 01:59 PM
Kevin

Love you Joan! I saw Graffiti in a bar frequented by Jewish Accounts (this is real, I swear) "Whip me, beat me, F*** me, make me write bad checks"

Jun. 05 2012 01:58 PM
Sebastian from Stamford

I've read that women don't like it when men stand up at a table for them... I suppose it's viewed as sexist now. So, which is it?

Jun. 05 2012 01:48 PM