Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez discuss their careers, relationship, family, and faith. Their dual memoir, Along the Way: The Journey of a Father and Son, tells stories about more than 50 years of family history and reflect on their life journeys.

Emilio Estevez and Martin Sheen
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Listener from NYC

Martin, I love your laugh and that you laugh so easily and generously. :)

May. 09 2012 12:39 PM
Jack Jackson from Central New Jersey

Favorite Brando line from Apocalypse Now..."I swallowed a bug." I think Val Kilmer mimiced this in The Island of Dr. Moreau remake.
Second favorite - "I can't make up any more dialog today."

May. 09 2012 12:30 PM
sanych

@anne from manhattan

Wow! You probably still sharing some fecal bacteria with them...

May. 09 2012 12:29 PM
Bob from Huntington

Much as I admire Harvey Keitel, Al Pacino, and Robert DeNiro, I don't think any of them could have carried off the role in Apocalypse Now the way Martin Sheen did. They're simply too New York. But apart from that, Sheen's performance was absolutely mesmerizing and doesn't allow one to think of anyone else in the role.

May. 09 2012 12:28 PM

...and i generally find celebrities loathsome.

May. 09 2012 12:27 PM

I like these guys.

May. 09 2012 12:27 PM
sanych

Are they members of Film Actors Guild?

May. 09 2012 12:26 PM
anne from manhattan

I remember visiting a boyfriend who was on the crew of That Championship Season and the swimming pool at the hotel was filled with the kids of the director and actors: Jason Patric, Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Mira Sorvino, Laura Dern, and others. 1982, who knew?

May. 09 2012 12:19 PM
Ernie from UWS

Can they talk about working together on "The Way" which was directed by Emilio. Was your father day to work with as an actor? Did you ever want to fire him?

May. 09 2012 12:19 PM