David Sanger on Nuclear Disarmament

Thursday, March 29, 2012

David Sanger, chief Washington correspondent for The New York Times David Sanger, chief Washington correspondent for The New York Times

David Sanger, chief Washington correspondent at The New York Times and contributor to WNYC, discusses President Obama's trip to Korea and nuclear disarmament.

Edward from Washington Heights AKA pretentious Hudson Heights

I hope Obama runs on the record of his first term.

Record unemployment (not the fake numbers that leave out long term unemployed), record low interest rates, bowing to Saudi Kings, record number of people on Food Stamps, dissolution of NASA, ...

With luck, Obama will be the next One-Term President.

Mar. 30 2012 10:51 AM

@Martin

If you have a problem with dboy's crude sexual allusions - you live in blessed times because they have an "App" for that, the "thumbs down" and "red flag" icons appearing after each and every comment; you might want to follow up with an e-mail to blshow@wnyc.org.

Mar. 29 2012 07:55 PM

Well, it turns out the Martin-Becky-dboy vitriol has only minimal ties to what the segment was about.
Trying not to stir the pot unnecessarily, I would let Jim's comment (#26) stand for an appropriate view on the matter. The only advice I'd offer to Martin would be that he unnecessarily identified a motive Becky might have but would probably never admit to; Martin, you were correct to ask her to justify her "totalitarian state" response to your "over the top" suggestion that the president (of the United States)should be impeached on an allegation of treason. This fakir will be leaving office next January. It's sooner than any impeachment trial will conclude or commence. There are other, more important things for Congress to accomplish.

Mar. 29 2012 07:01 PM
Jim

@Becky

First off... I am not defending "Martin".

But... exactly what are you accusing him of? You want to report him to the CIA because he has expressed concern about something that the President said to a foreign leader? Impeachment is a legal constitutional process.

No, I do not agree with him, but please think about what you are saying. How frightening to think that this is what we have become -- spending all of our national resources on government agencies to which we "report" our neighbors to for expressing opinions on the nature in which their resources are being used.

Honestly Becky. Your posts about reporting people to the CIA are the most frighteningly anti-liberty anti-American anti-Democracy comments I have seen among those of our little breakfast club. Please use your intellect to advance the conversation -- as you have done many times before.

Mar. 29 2012 02:12 PM

"@The Truth from Becky" and "@dboy":

I'm waiting for the audio to come up so that I can understand what is driving this usually civil audience to such extremes of vitriol.

Mar. 29 2012 01:56 PM
Amy from Manhattan

Jack Jackson, right. I'm not surprised when Mitt Romney doesn't know about (or at the least handwaves) the filibuster, which allowed Senate Republicans to stymie many of Pres. Obama's efforts even though they were in the minority, but I am surprised when Brian says the Democrats had control of Congress. Of course, Brian's was more of an aside, whereas in Romney's statement he based a charge of Obama's "ineffectiveness" on it.

Mar. 29 2012 11:45 AM
The Truth from Becky

Sheldon, Understood, I can respect that.

Mar. 29 2012 11:41 AM

The "far-right" is what got the "Zionists" in trouble, back in Germany.

Mar. 29 2012 11:38 AM
Sheldon from Brooklyn

Becky, I've had my differences with Martin and race before. However, I can't include his Anti-Obama rant on nuclear weapons as one of them.

Mar. 29 2012 11:37 AM

Maaaaritn...

How about Clarence's crude sexual joke foisted on the women unfortunate enough to work under him???

Mar. 29 2012 11:34 AM

I apologize to all my Zionist friends...

...for imposing Maaaartin on them!!

Mar. 29 2012 11:33 AM
MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT from Manhattan

BECKY-
Good heavens, get a grip.
(And where were you when they castigated Bush....or when dboy said his crude sexual remark about Clarence Thomas's wife yesterday?)

Mar. 29 2012 11:31 AM

john ~

Ol' Martin DOES have a hobby: Zionistic Masturbation.

He's really good at it.

Mar. 29 2012 11:30 AM
Sheldon from Brooklyn

Amen John, many Zionists think the right wing are their friends, unfortunately history will prove them wrong....

Mar. 29 2012 11:28 AM
The Truth from Becky

Martin, this is my last comment to you...I don't race bait or "throw around" the word racist, you my friend are dangerous and here forth "invisible" to me. Last words to you. THE END

Mar. 29 2012 11:28 AM

Maaaartin...

It's kinda like when the lightest criticism is levied against the odious crimes of Israel and suddenly...

EVERYONE'S an ANTI-SEMITE!!!!

Mar. 29 2012 11:27 AM
The Truth from Becky

Sheldon, we are usually in agreement but on this, with Martin...more likely not. The hatred vemon against the President in his comments, actually made me very nervous and I am tough...if he wasn't hiding behind that fake name, I'd turn him in myself as a possible threat to the President. Who knew Jews could hate so hard? He has not learned anything from his ancestors who would no doubt be ashamed.

Mar. 29 2012 11:25 AM
Jack Jackson from Central New Jersey

When was the President's party in control of Congress? Oh yeah....there was that month in 2009....

Mar. 29 2012 11:25 AM
john from office

Martin, you really need a hobby. Obama has been a good president and will be reelected. You should fear any of the nuts running on the right, because you sir are not a christian, they hate you.

Becky, dboy gave up on martin. All issues revolve around Israel. He will sell his soul to the hard right in this country, who will surprise him when they have their first "Night of the broken glass".

Mar. 29 2012 11:23 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

BECKY...
Yea, yea, racist, whatever.
Screamig racism about criticism of this guy is "the last refuge of scoundrels." The Left does it almost daily.
I don't see you refuting the point, which even Sanger confirmed (in prettier language).

Mar. 29 2012 11:23 AM

Sheldon...

oh, snap!

Mar. 29 2012 11:22 AM

Maaartin...

...your psychosis is flaring-up, again.

Mar. 29 2012 11:21 AM
Sheldon from Brooklyn

Becky, at least Martin should be given praise for accusing Obama of "betraying" the US of A, as opposed to Isreal.

Perhaps Martin is finally putting the country he lives in - first, perhaps not.

Mar. 29 2012 11:20 AM
The Truth from Becky

Martin, you should be turned over to the secret service and put on a watch list as a possible threat.

Mar. 29 2012 11:18 AM
The Truth from Becky

No Martin, you disrespectful, racist child born out of wedlock, because he is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!! He didn't steal the office he was voted into office.

Mar. 29 2012 11:17 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

It seems that Czar Putin isn’t the only thug that Obama plans to bend over for in his second term.....

“Obama Aide Refuses to Say if the President Has Approached any Arab or Palestinian Leaders to Seek "Space" for Post-election "Flexibility”

(It is widely rumored in Israel that Obama has given the same message to Abbas as he did to Vladimir....lay low until I win the election and you will like what follows.)

“Last night on the Anderson Cooper's AC360 show, CNN contributor Ari Fleischer asked this question of Stephanie Cutter, Pres. Obama's 2012 deputy campaign manager. She refused to answer.” (!!!!)

SEE CUTTER’S EMBARRASSINGLY TENSE AND ANGRY NON-ANSWER IN THE FULL VIDEO HERE:

TRANSLATION: “After the election…you can bet I will also screw Israel. I won’t need those annoying American Jews and their money, and I can get back at Netanyahu who humiliated me and showed everyone just how much shrewder and smarter he is than I am. We’ll see then who is the big dog. Valerie Jarrett was right, like always.”

Any Jews who vote to re-elect this snake do so at their peril.

Mar. 29 2012 11:13 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

BECKY-
Why, because he black??!!

IMPEACHMENT IS LEGAL and the proper channel.
Give me a break.

Mar. 29 2012 11:12 AM
The Truth from Becky

Martin, you should be investigated by the CIA and arrested for your remarks against the President of the United States.

Mar. 29 2012 11:10 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

Please ask Sanger his take on Obama's sotto voce SELLOUT to Medvedev in North Korea---

OBAMA: “On all these issues, but particularly missile defense....it’s important for him to give me space....(Reaching over and putting his hand on Mr. Medvedev’s knee)....This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
MEDVEDEV: “I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”

TRANSLATION: Tell Vlad not to worry. I will strip away our missile self-defense, quietly erode our military strength and leave my nation a shrunken, "unexceptional" shadow of its former self. I will be untouchable in a second term. My worshipping supporters will then defend anything I do....even if it kills them.

IMPEACH THIS TRAITOR OBAMA NOW !!!

Full text here: