Stabbing Spree Suspects Admits Final Crime
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
A New York City man who had already acknowledged killing four people in a rampage of stabbings, carjackings and other crimes has admitted slashing a subway passenger at the end of his spree.
Maksim Gelman pleaded guilty Tuesday to attempted murder in Manhattan.
He is expected to get 25 years, to be served after his sentence for the Brooklyn killings.
A court complaint says Gelman abruptly attacked a subway rider under Times Square. He was captured moments later. The passenger survived.
Gelman pleaded guilty in December to murder and other charges in the Brooklyn attacks. Those killed included his stepfather and a woman whose friends have said Gelman was obsessed with her.
The subway stabbing is a separate case because it happened in Manhattan.