Ex-Bronx President Leaving Obama Administration to Work in Private Sector

Former Bronx borough president Adolfo Carrion, Jr. announced that he is leaving his job with the Obama administration next month to lead his own private sector consulting group, Metro Futures, LLC.

Carrion was fined $10,000 last month from the city ethics board for using an architect to design a porch for his home who was also working on official city business. He said his decision to return to the private sector was unrelated to the fine.

Carrion spent three years with the Obama administration, first as the director of the newly-formed White House Office of Urban Affairs. He then returned to New York, to work as a regional administrator for New York and New Jersey under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

He said he wants to continue his involvement in politics, and help re-elect Obama to a second term.

Carrion said he's now looking forward to continuing that work in the private sector. He's officially leaving his job with the Obama administration on February 10.

Carrion Farewell Letter