Rozanne Gold on Celebrating New Year's Eve on Any Budget

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rozanne Gold, renowned chef, author and international food and restaurant consultant, talks about quick recipe ideas for New Year’s Eve, for all economic levels. Her latest book is Radically Simple, which was named one of Cooking Light magazine’s list of the Top 100 Cookbooks of the last 25 Years.

Rozanne Gold

Karin Rabe from Highland Park, NJ

The link to the receipes is still not working. I'm hoping to add the wasabi-pea encrusted salmon to my collection -- please fix!

Dec. 28 2011 02:30 PM

The entertaining tip that Mary from Union,NJ mentioned was a great idea, I think I will do this in 2012. I know it will add more fun to our celebrations. Thanks so much, Mary! Hope you and your family have Healthy and Wonderful New Year.

Dec. 28 2011 02:05 PM

I just ordered the Radically Simple cookbook, and judging by the short excerpt I saw, I think this will be my go to cookbook. My husband and I have always hosted the holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas)for the past 7 years. I just feel confident that this cookbook will be a great help for us. More power to the Leonard Lopate Show and a Happy & a Healthy 2012!!!

Dec. 28 2011 01:58 PM
Mary Lysinger from Union, NJ

In re the cook versus guest dilemma: at my dinner parties or ten or so, guests have a "jobs" list that they sign up for: sommelier, server, spinach wilter, salad dresser, etc. That way the natural tendency to hang out in the kitchen is put to good use, and everyone gets in on the festivities. I get special one-on-one time with guests while we, say, pound and flour veal as well as the skills of others that cover my deficits in, for example, carving.

Of course, if you want staid formal events, this would not work, but it works for us!

Dec. 28 2011 01:45 PM
Kim from New York

The link above for the recipes is not working. Please fix this!

Dec. 28 2011 01:40 PM
Lucas from New York, NY

Rozanne,
I am an avid reader of your wonderfully informative blog and pieces on the Huffington Post. You recently shared holiday cocktail recipes including one of your very own, the "Cocteau". Are there other liqueurs that I could use in place of the creme de cassis?

Dec. 28 2011 09:39 AM