Open Phones: Business Holiday Season Kick-Off Report

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reports are that this was a relatively successful kick-off to the holiday shopping season. Business owners, how was your Black Friday through Cyber Monday? Who's shopping, what are they buying, how are you luring them in? Let us know!

News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

aly from tribeca

We've got fun and whimsical scarves that your kids will LOVE to wear! And they are made in the USA!!!
www.slyadntiny.com

Nov. 30 2011 12:06 PM
Kathy T. from Ramsey, NJ

Check out www.baghugger.net for a compact, flexible way to carry your reusable bags to the store! Your "green" friends will love this gift! Have you hugged your bags today?

Nov. 30 2011 12:01 PM
Derrick from Lower East Side

We've revived Orchard Street btwn Broome and Orchard! Come down to this amazing block.

I own an art and jewelry shop called Occulter between broome and grand. On that same block there is Kaight, Carlos Campos, The Cast, Robert James Men's wear, Pilgrim Clothing and accessories and amazing restaurants!

Nov. 30 2011 11:58 AM
Debbie from online

we're selling goofy iPhone cases that we designed:
www.collabcubedshop.com

EARonics: cases that camouflage your phone or mix up your ears.

Nov. 30 2011 11:57 AM
Tom Williams from Laguna Beach CA

I listen from Laguna Beach California where I own an office supply shipping store.
I can report that Black Friday is a disaster for small indie stores. Downtown Laguna was a ghost town as everyone went for the big box stores.

Nov. 30 2011 11:55 AM
PETE from UWS

I bought myself a Squier Telecaster on Black Saturday and felt kind of silly about it. Although I did get it for $70 off the retail price at J&R.

Nov. 30 2011 11:53 AM