Vlad, The Wall Street Occupier

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ten years ago, Vlad Teichberg was a derivatives trader on Wall Street. Today, he is one of many protesters who have set up camp downtown to demonstrate against Wall Street and all it stands for.

"Injustice has always pissed me off," said the 39-year-old Russian immigrant who now calls Bushwick, Brooklyn home.

For Teichberg, the answer lies in documenting civil unrest, and he helped to set up the live-stream of the Occupy Wall Street protests on the Web.

Tags:

More in:

Tommie from USA

There is a book everyone should read entitled "The Politics of Fear, How Republicans Use Money, Race and the Media to Win", 2006 by Manuel G. Gonzales and Richard Delgado. This book is like finding a diamond in a cole mine!

Nov. 20 2011 09:21 AM
Regina from new york

america is not a democratic state because of oligarkhs and their politicians , america got lots of money from the former soviet union when usa sponsored the so called democrat boris elzin , where all these money now?

Oct. 03 2011 11:40 AM
aa from earth

one last thing -
I LOVE THAT THIS WAS PLACED IN THE CULTURE/ARTS SECTION OF WNYC...NOT NEWS, NOT CURRENT EVENTS - BUT RATHER - CULTURE - WOW, WNYC - I AM REALLY REALLY REEEEELY GOING TO SHELL OUT CASH FOR YOUR FUND DRIVE THIS YEAR

Sep. 29 2011 09:03 PM
aa from solar system

i just love how <i>even</i> wnyc refuses to allow this man to specify exactly what it is he standing up for and what he's fighting for. we are just told he's fighting - but it's never said WHY.

Sep. 29 2011 09:01 PM
Brandt Hardin

The movement is gaining momentum after a week and a half and Occupy movements are popping up all over the country! Stand up together and use your voice to give to those without. Tax the rich and feed the poor- you are the 99%! See my Occupy Wall Street painting and Anonymous homage on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/09/occupywallstreet.html where you can also see videos of the protests and police brutality as well as get other sources for coverage of the movement.

Sep. 29 2011 04:33 PM
judy from kelowna Canada

Einstien said it best - YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE PROBLEMS OF TODAY USING THE SAME MIND THAT CREATED THE PROBLEMS.
My Demands - although I'm Canadian I can't wait for this to hit my town - all global systems must change as all are flawed - to know the flaws is to know the solutions - we know how to fix this if our own personal greed doesn't get in the way.

Build us all up, not just the middle class

Sep. 29 2011 02:20 PM

Sponsored

About Know Your Neighbor

Know Your Neighbor is a video series about the characters, legends, and good folk living in your midst.

Nominate your neighbor: I'm looking to profile fascinating people in every corner of the city. Leave a comment or email jhsu@wnyc.org about someone you'd like me to profile, and I just may come to your 'hood to produce a video about their story.

Feeds