Moby Talks about Insomnia, Travel, Photography, and Music

Friday, September 02, 2011

Moby talks about his new album and book of photographs, “Destroyed.” The book Destroyed features 55 photographs taken all over the world, and helps to show the strange and disconcerting life of touring that is rarely seen—time spent isolated in anonymous, mundane spaces like hotel rooms, airports, and backstage waiting areas. Songs on the album “Destroyed” were written mostly late at night, in hotel rooms around the world when cities had gone to sleep.

Moby
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Lynne Kanter

How does the classical music/theory background square with his "white trash" upbringing?

Sep. 02 2011 12:29 PM
Lynne Kanter

How does the classical music/theory background square with his "white trash" background?

Sep. 02 2011 12:27 PM
Alex from NYC

WAY too much self-serving, unconvincing self-effacement airing here.

Sep. 02 2011 12:27 PM
Susan from New York

I have a question for Moby. The late Zen master John Daido Loori made a short film that uses Moby's music. He didn't have the rights to the music, so it hasn't been possible to distribute the film, but in my view it's very powerful and wonderful piece that I wish more people could see. Does Moby know about this?

Sep. 02 2011 12:22 PM
Floy

When you were last on Soundcheck I took a great self-portrait of myself and I credit you as the photographer.

Sep. 02 2011 12:15 PM
gary from gary

Looking at Moby's photo, I can see how he got his name!

Sep. 02 2011 11:01 AM