Alice Cooper and His Nightmare

Monday, August 22, 2011

Alice Cooper discusses his new album, “Welcome 2 My Nightmare,” which picks up where his original “Welcome To My Nightmare,” recorded in 1975, left off. He’s created it with longtime collaborator Bob Ezrin, and the album ranges from trashing disco, to garage punk, to pop balladry, and rock and roll.

Alice Cooper

scott from ontario canada

Alice, been a huge fan for many years, cant wait to hear your new album. Heard bite your face off few months ago in hamilton and loved it, was a great concert, once again.......keep on rocking!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug. 22 2011 03:34 PM
MichaelB from Morningside Heights

Well, gee why does this sound so familiar?

Another aging rocker, recounting the old sins (with regret or not?) and revealing that behind the absurdist/wild/provocative facade, he's really just a down-to-earth family man.

Snore.

Aug. 22 2011 12:59 PM
barent

i remember the doll getting its head chopped off, on "in concert" in the seventies. that was something.

Aug. 22 2011 12:57 PM
Siouxie from Bronx

One of my fondest memories, summer of '72, being a teenager driving in the car listening to "School's Out" at high volume.

Alice knows his stuff - Bob Ezrin's the producer that made it all happen. Guitarists Hunter and Wagner also made huge contributions to his legacy.

Aug. 22 2011 12:52 PM
Frank from Newark

Hello Alice, long time fan here, I would like to know when will the first 5 albums on Warner Brothers come out remastered. The first generation cd's are really bad.
Frank

Aug. 22 2011 12:51 PM
barent

being alive is pretty cool-but jim,jimi and janice, where more interesting to me,sorry alice....you're okay,though.........

Aug. 22 2011 12:49 PM
Sophie from Poughkeepsie, NY

I always enjoyed Alice Cooper's music as a kid--and even now! I love how grounded you are--sooooo refreshing!

Aug. 22 2011 12:48 PM
Loren from Darien,CT

I am a fan of Alice Cooper's work, but my introduction to his music and persona was probably different from most. Admittedly, he really frightened me as a child, likely after seeing him on The Muppet Show. My mother, capitalizing on this, would respond to any bad behavior by saying she would "Call Alice," who told her I could live with him and his snakes. Then she would pick up the phone, call, and tell me that he was to busy playing golf this time, but I had better be good from now on. That became part of amusing family lore, I became a fan of his, and I've always had a soft spot for someone I credit for helping make me a very well behaved kid.

Aug. 22 2011 11:33 AM