Ben Loory's Stories for Nighttime and Some for Day

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ben Loory discusses his collection of wry and witty, dark and perilous contemporary fables. Stories for Nighttime and Some for Day tells the stories of people—and monsters and trees and octopi—who are motivated by the same fears and desires that isolate and unite us all.

Ben Loory

Mary from Los Angeles

I thought mr. loory sounded very tender and honest. I didn't get the feeling that he was finding it difficult to answer the questions. I thought he heard each question and then answered it with an exact response. What he didn't do was extend his answers into other realms or explain his explanations. I actually loved this interview.

Aug. 18 2011 07:00 PM
Ernest McIntyre from Tucson, AZ

When a writer tells it as it is, without worrying whether it makes any sense to anyone else, we all profit from the experience. I'll be listening to this interview for years to come.

Aug. 18 2011 04:31 PM
Bruce Merchant from New Jersey

Sure enough it was a tough interview. You are to be congratulated on seeing it through. But we could have done without your pretentiousness. Mr. Loory was honest and intriguing when answering your questions. I am ordering the book this afternoon on Amazon.com. It will be a great addition to my library in Vermont during the long winter nights.

Aug. 18 2011 01:34 PM
Ro in SoHo from Manhattan

Good job Mr. Lopate! It sounded as though you were pulling teeth! How do you do it when you have as hesitant or reluctant an interview subject Mr Loory. Though his stories sound interesting.

Aug. 18 2011 01:25 PM
Fred from nyc

Tough guy to interview. Is this Jerry Lewis pretending to be Ben Loory?

Aug. 18 2011 01:23 PM
Diedrich Knickerbocker from Manhattan

Why is it so difficult for him to answer any questions? He's not making it easy for Leonard.

Aug. 18 2011 01:17 PM