Go The F**k to Sleep

Friday, August 12, 2011

Parenting isn't always sweetness and light. Writer Adam Mansbach talks about his popular new book, Go the F**k to Sleep, described by David Byrne as "a children's book for grown-ups."

Adam Mansbach
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Amy from Manhattan

More seriously, I disagree w/the idea that when a child won't sleep it's because s/he's being "mischievous," as 1 caller put it. Children aren't refusing to sleep, & they're not doing it to give their parents a hard time (even if it might feel that way to the parents!)--they're having trouble falling asleep themselves.

Aug. 12 2011 11:52 AM
eleni papageorge from NYC

This book is NOT at all for kids. This book is a SELF-HELP book for parents who are tired and frustrated when children have difficult phases.

Aug. 12 2011 11:47 AM
Amy from Manhattan

This author is so wonderfully modest & nice, giving credit to everyone who worked w/him & complimentary to the callers...I wonder, did he have an "interior monologue" going on during the interview??

Aug. 12 2011 11:46 AM
Janet from Westchester

Ken obviously has no sense of humor - I hope he doesn't have any children either!

Aug. 12 2011 11:42 AM
The Truth from Becky

I said it before and I will say it again, this is the parenting style that domestic violence offenders and serial killers are made of! Terrible title, not funny!

Aug. 12 2011 11:41 AM
Ken from Soho

I would never buy a book with such a disgusting title. I also wouldn't discuss it on a radio show.

Aug. 12 2011 11:35 AM