The 2012 Republican Race and the Romney-Huntsman Rivalry

Friday, August 05, 2011

John Heilemann, national affairs editor for New York Magazine, breaks down the latest news from the 2012 Republican presidential race and his cover piece on the history of the Romney-Huntsman rivalry.

John Heilemann

Phillip from Queens

I would be amazing if Obama had to run agains the anti-war candidate, Ron Paul. I'd love to see him try to defend his "bomb everyone" policies. NO MORE WAR!

Aug. 05 2011 04:02 PM

I am taken aback by most of the comments here, and by Andrea's statements about Obama's invulnerability. Mr. Heilemann was dead on, and it will boil down to, as always, the economy. Any but the most extreme candidate can defeat Obama. And I am not speaking as one who wants that.

Aug. 05 2011 11:02 AM
Karen from Brooklyn

But that assumes that the Republicans haven't been totally unreasonable. They have behaved in such a way over the past two years to show that job growth and recovery aren't what they are about. They have policiticized this in such a way that I don't think people are holding this all to Obama's error.

Aug. 05 2011 10:53 AM
RJ from prospect hts

Yes, the "businessman" who laid off thousands of workers and sent jobs overseas. Sell that to a jobless nation.

Aug. 05 2011 10:48 AM
Caitlin

How will the field change if Perry enters the race?

Aug. 05 2011 10:47 AM
john from office

I hope Bachmann get the nomination. Obama will distroy her in debates and she will distroy herself with her inane comments.

Perry is not a threat, he is a used car sales man and B movie actor, claiming to be a candidate. Ther eis no one on the other side.

Aug. 05 2011 10:46 AM