Watch and Tweet Live: Obama on Debt Talks, Boehner Responds

Monday, July 25, 2011

President Obama will address the nation tonight at 9pm, giving insight into the stalled talks on the Capitol to resolve and impasse over raising the federal debt ceiling. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Oh), follows with a two minute rebuttal.

Tags:

More in:

Doug from New Hamshire

Let me be clear Mr. President:

No Taxes on lower income, middle income, or upper income!!!

NO ONE!!!

ARE YOU REALLY THAT INEXPERIENCED!!

Jul. 25 2011 10:04 PM

Wow!

President Obama came off bad. One term is enough.

Jul. 25 2011 09:37 PM
pj from bay area

So where is Boehner's speech? Don't see it here! I just watched both. The liar-in-chief is at the scare-mongering again! That's as civil and pithy as I can be.

Jul. 25 2011 09:37 PM
Mike from new york

If tax cut for the rich creates jobs – how come it did not create new jobs in the past? Unless confidence return nobody will be stupid enough to invest. Confidence will not return until war ends. Don’t’ be fooled. Republican goal is to defeat President Obama even if it destroys economy. We should wait until next election and let the people decide.

Jul. 25 2011 09:36 PM

I cannot believe what I am hearing. Mr. Boehner seems to be on another planet.
I'm so sorry to see the press give him such a nice buy -- why are you guys being so nice?
This is a national embarrassment? Can't you get clever like the Brits, and slice and dice him?

Jul. 25 2011 09:34 PM
Mary from New York, NY

I wish wnyc had put this on the radio as they usually do. My computer is not well equipped for streaming video . . .

Jul. 25 2011 09:25 PM
dirts4racing50 from WhatsamuttaU

Why are there so many liberals on this stream and why is the commentary so biased ?

Jul. 25 2011 09:24 PM