Fireworks in the New York City Sky
(Photo by Howard N2GOT/flickr)
On Monday, the 35th Annual Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks will shoot over the Hudson River from six barges. The sky will light up between 20th and 55th Sts. in Manhattan. You can enjoy the show from any place that offers an unobstructed view of the sky over the river.
For a price
- Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum For $100 a pop ($90 for members), ticketholders can enjoy a tour of the museum before the fireworks display. The flight deck of the WWII aircraft carrier on Pier 86 will provide V.I.P viewing, and speakers will blast Macy's simultaneous musical score simultaneously of the fireworks musical score. In Manhattan.
- NY Waterway Dinner Cruise Enjoy a four-course-meal while floating over the Hudson River underneath the fireworks. The cruise costs $299 per person. In Manhattan.
- The Sky Room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Times Square Now in its second year, this party spot on the 34th floor of the Fairfield Inn & Suites boasts a 360 degree view of the city. General admission is $100 to hang out in the room for five hours. Drinks are free. At W. 40th St. between Eight and Ninth Aves. In Manhattan.
If you're in the mood to catch some pre-Independence Day fireworks, here are some other spots to see flashes in the sky
- Coney Island Beach Every Friday at 9:30 P.M. through Sept. 2, the Brooklyn Alliance Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring fireworks during the Cyclones' season above Coney Island Beach. Viewing at 10th and 11th Streets. In Brooklyn.
- Wolfes Pond Park On Saturday at 9 P.M., fireworks will shoot off over Raritan Bay. Viewing at Corneila, Holton and Luten Aves. At 7.P.M., catch a pre-show performance by the United States Army Band. In Staten Island.
- Fort Hamilton At a barge 1,000 feet from Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn, a fireworks display will be held at 9:45 P.M. on Saturday. Ne-Yo performs a concert before the fireworks. Viewing at the Sgt. Deon Taylor Ball Fields at 101st and Fort Hamilton Parkway. In Brooklyn.
- Breezy Point On Saturday, at 9:30 P.M., fireworks will light up the sky over Jamaica Bay on the Rockaway Peninsula. Viewing on the peninsula or in Brighton Beach across the bay. In Queens.