The Museum Mile Festival takes place in New York City on Tuesday night. Admission to museums along Manhattan's Museum Mile, from Fifth Avenue between 82nd St. and 105th St., will be free from 6 to 9 P.M.
Here's a list of participating museums -- there will also be live music on the Museum Mile Tuesday evening.
- El Museo del Barrio
- The Museum of the City of New York
- The Jewish Museum
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum Smithsonian Institution
- National Academy Museum & School
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Neue Galerie New York
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
This year, The Museum for African Art, which opens its doors in September at Fifth Ave. and 110th St., will for the first time join Tuesday's block party. The Goethe-Institut New York/German Cultural Center, which has moved downtown, will offer up a German quiz, face painting, and a German food tasting in front of its former building at 1014 Fifth Ave.