Live Chat: Libya Intervention 101
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday at Noon, join WNYC's Brian Lehrer, Foreign Policy's Elizabeth Dickinson, and It's A Free Country's Jody Avirgan for a live chat about the Libya intervention. We'll discuss US diplomacy, the UN military strategy, and what's next in the conflict.
»» Brian Writes: Here are a few of the questions on my mind today.
- Would Gaddafi's government simply crumble without him? If so, why not just arrest or kill HIM instead of ruining the country's military and killing OTHER people?
- Are civilians being killed?
- Who are these rebels we've never met and how do we know what do they want?
- How will we know victory when we see it?
- What's the best expert guess on how long this will take?
What basic questions do you have? Join us at noon!