Mackenzie Phillips on Her Memoir High on Arrival

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mackenzie Phillips talks about her lifelong battle with addiction, her personal demons, and her complex, damaging relationship with her father, John Phillips of The Mamas & the Papas. Her memoir High on Arrival tells the story of growing up with no boundaries, surrounded by rock and roll and drugs, and of her struggle to recover.

Mackenzie Phillips

Darcy Caplan from Lost Angeles

Just saw Access Hollywood and MacKenzie was treated horribly by that jerk Billy. I will never watch that show again. He was rude, insulting, defensive and horrible. People come forward all the time to shed light on struggles that they have dealt with. It helps others to have the courage to come forward and start the healing process. He was a dick, and now I will not watch that show any longer. I felt bad for her, and want to shout out my support for what she is doing. Anyone who saw that, write them a comment if you agree. You can go on the Access Hollywood Live website. I hope she heals and what's rest of her life she can enjoy and prosper.

Feb. 23 2011 02:53 PM
Marion

Incest and rape same thing incest is what it's called when it happens inside the family and rape outside family. Same results, it's destroy your whole life.

Feb. 23 2011 12:44 PM
Marion

I thank you Mackenzie for speaking out about incest and rape. This is your healing process and it doesn't matter what the world says. I appaused you. Everyone deal with pain in different ways.Also we deal with healing in different ways.

Feb. 23 2011 12:37 PM
Ash in Chelsea

Leonard,

I never heard of MacKenzie Phillips and I don't really know anything about her dad or his life. But as a regular listener to WNYC FM, I know that there are moments that give me pause or make my heart sing.

A few moments ago, she said this: "There is no such thing as consensual incest." The profundity of this truth, coming from this victim whom I do not know but who sounds like a women in control of herself now, was such a moment. I raised my fist and uttered a "yes". My compliments to her.

Feb. 22 2011 12:59 PM

Actually, our new Congress is trying to change the definition of rape to say that incest is consensual. Thoughts??

Feb. 22 2011 12:53 PM

MacKenzie Phillips AGAIN? What another book with "revelations"? What MORE could she possibly have to say?

Feb. 22 2011 12:01 PM