Julie Burstein on How Creativity Works

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Julie Burstein, creator of Studio 360, talks about some of the most influential and creative thinkers—from writers, to artists, to architects and filmmakers. In Spark: How Creativity Works, she pulls back the curtain to reveal the sources of these artists' inspiration and the processes they use to create.

Julie Burstein

Scott from Long Island

Are "time-period" or "period of time" redundant since "period" is defined as a duration in time?

Feb. 15 2011 01:57 PM
Debbie Yorizzo from the library

What a lifesaver!

Feb. 15 2011 01:24 PM
anonyme

I think creativity can be supported and encouraged - made space for - acknowledged, allowed.

Art school - that's a way to do all of the above - conservatory-style teaching - Art school in my experience was nothing but problem-solving! But I had already come from a place where creativity was assumed.

Feb. 15 2011 01:00 PM
anonyme

Oh yes thanks for the part about reading and writing with dyslexia - like Temple Grandin says we need Asberger's minds, we also need us dyslectics to steer this culture out of our culture's stuborn collective left brain!

Feb. 15 2011 12:53 PM
anonyme

I think this is the best show I have ever listened to. I keep thinking of people to give it to - my (somewhat philistine) friends with two year old twins, my friend who just lost her husband but has a granddaughter she wants to encourage as creative... thank you!!!

Feb. 15 2011 12:49 PM
Peg

Thank you for your comment on dyslexia - I am also a dyslexic writer - it's easier and faster for me to write than for me to read

Feb. 15 2011 12:44 PM
CAROLINE from New Jersey

It is difficult to get the news from poems yet men die miserably every day for lack of what is found there - Asphodel, that Greeny Flower, WCW - love you Lenny.

Feb. 15 2011 12:44 PM