We here at The Brian Lehrer Show are trying a little experiment and need your help! We want as many diverse voices as possible to introduce the program at the beginning of each hour. For now we’re gathering the tape, though we may eventually use it on air. If you’d like to participate, make sure you read the disclaimer below, then follow these simple instructions.
1) Before you record your line, please tell us your name, where you’re from, and your phone number.
2) Then, recite one of these three lines into the machine. Practice a little before you pick up the phone to dial!
Some tips for recording (this is what we tell our guests on the show)
- If possible, call from a landline phone
- Don't use a headset or speakerphone
- Find the quietest room you can
- Hold the mouthpiece an inch or two from your mouth; too close and it will distort; too far and it'll echo
- Be conversational. Smile. Show us your personality, but no need to ham it up.
- Feel free to use your hands as you talk. We know, it's radio - but it works.
- If you mess up, don’t worry. You can always just do multiple takes (within reason!)
Disclaimer: By leaving my message for this project I understand that my voice may be used by New York Public Radio on-air and online during shows, promos, and other programming.
Okay, ready to participate? Here's the number to call: 1-800-543-2543
Good luck, and thanks!