But now that it's happened once, it's more likely to happen again. Already a host of similar chain notes have appear in the wake of 25 Random Things -- Google 8 Ball, Random iTunes Answers, One Word Answers -- that you can expect to be clogging up your News Feed for some time to come. They're variations on a theme: Numbered lists that give you a chance to reveal tidbits of yourself in a canned way, seemingly risk-free and somewhat pat, if also occasionally illuminating and even sweet. Plus, they tend to be kind of long and time-consuming to write (even, weirdly, the One Word Answers).
So let's try starting a new one, something shorter, easier, less earnest and possibly way more interesting. Feel free to grab the idea and post your own notes -- let's see if we can make this one take off.
8 Things I Wish I Didn't Know
Rules: Share 8 things you wish you'd never learned, heard, seen, tasted or smelled or otherwise came to know. Then tag 8 people whose 8 worst things you'd like to know, too.
1. Learned: Exactly how a hot dog gets created.
2. Seen: Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate."
3. Tasted: Swedish blood sausage.
4. Learned: How you get rid of an eye worm.
5. Smelled: The reek that comes with cleaning out a rat's nest.
6. Heard: The sound a human body makes when it hits the ground from a great height.
7. Seen: The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport after midnight.
8. Heard: The failed campaign song "Hillary 4 U and Me" -- that's nothing against Hillary or her campaign, I just really wish I had never heard that song. Even writing this now, the tune just appeared in my head again.
OK, your turn!
Scott Lamb is a senior editor at BuzzFeed.