Ina Garten: How Easy Is That?

Monday, December 06, 2010

Bestselling cookbook author and host of the Food Network’s “Barefoot Contessa,” Ina Garten, discusses saving time and avoiding stress while having fun in the kitchen. Her latest cookbook, Barefoot Contessa: How Easy Is That? Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips, includes easy to make recipes that are full of satisfying flavor, and includes her tips on equipment that makes a difference to her—like sharp knives, the right zester, and an extra bowl for her electric mixer.

Ina Garten

james leddy from NYC

where can I can Ina Garten's recipe for fresh home made ricotta?? Is it available on-line with correct measurements and steps described?

Dec. 13 2010 03:58 AM
Amy from Manhattan

I heard the same thing about genes determining if you do or don't like cilantro. I don't like it either, but it doesn't even seem like a taste--it's more that it gives me a strange feeling in the back of my nose. When I make a recipe that's supposed to have cilantro, I just substitute parsley (esp. in guacamole!).

Dec. 07 2010 02:00 AM
oscar from N.K

I LOVE THIS LADY!!! I would marry Ina Garten ina second..shes a dreammmm

Dec. 06 2010 07:05 PM
anonyme

Good mayonnaise is homemade mayonnaise - once you get used to that, you can't eat Hellman's.

I make my own vanilla by soaking beans in bacardi gold

Make your own broth! so healthy!!!

love the ricotta recipe!

Dec. 06 2010 03:16 PM
Margaret from Gillette, NJ

What a great interview! My favorite cookbook author on my favorite radio program! Ina, you have immensely increased the joy I have in cooking for family and friends. Your recipes work and are delicious. Thank you!

Dec. 06 2010 02:03 PM
Sandra from Astoria

What a great, fun interview! I kept laughing and nodding my head in agreement. She seems like such a wonderful person AND cook--I think I may just have become an even bigger fan.

Also, I was thinking of that Tina Fey line right before you played it--love it!

Dec. 06 2010 01:58 PM
George, George, George, George

someone pointed out that a george foreman grill works as a panini press.

Dec. 06 2010 01:52 PM
Maude from park slope

I had no idea you were so user friendly--I cook by using a recipe as a starting point (and I'm a woman...but also a painter). It's interesting that your publisher seems to present you as more of a difficult chef. (?) At least to me. Before you seemed southern and scary. Interesting.

Dec. 06 2010 01:48 PM
Owns a half dozen cookbooks

I think there is a kind of "cookbook fatigue" where the average cook has more books than they will ever need.

Is there a marketing strategy for breaking through that fatigue?

Dec. 06 2010 01:44 PM
Don from Smithtown

S from Harlem, what do you mean thinks? If you made it, you did cook! ;-)

Dec. 06 2010 01:37 PM
Suanne Laqueur from North Salem, NY

My life was changed when a friend introduced me to your spinach-pesto-pea salad. I bought two of your cookbooks and have never looked back. I just made your parmesan chicken last night and had the leftovers for breakfast. I ADORE YOU!!!!

Dec. 06 2010 01:33 PM
S from Harlem

Just wanted you to know that your recipes are the reason my husband thinks I can cook. Your smashed sweet potatoes, apple crisp, 40 clove garlic chicken are regulars in my home. Thank you!

Dec. 06 2010 12:05 PM
Vevette from Yonkers, NY

Ina is wonderful! I want HER life out in the Hamptons! I've cooked many of her recipes and they've been hits 100% of the time! Keep 'em coming! Thanks Ina.

Dec. 06 2010 11:56 AM