B. J. Thomas

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Legendary singer B. J. Thomas talks about his 40-year career and his latest album, “Once I Loved.” He’s been awarded five Grammy Awards, two platinum and eleven gold records, and two Dove Awards, and is responsible for 15 Top 40 pop/rock hits, such as “Hooked On A Feeling,” “Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.” B. J. Thomas is performing at City Winery November 26th at 8:00 pm.

B. J. Thomas
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Carmen Rosangela de Menezes Dias from Brazil

I've been a fan for years I think that BJThomas is awesome.
BJ! CD "Once I Loved ", I'm loving the sound.

Nov. 20 2010 09:27 PM
Fatima Dias from Brazil

BJ! Thanks for all your great music.We love you here in Brazil. We'll be watching you on The David Letterman Show here.All the best from Brazil.

Nov. 18 2010 11:19 AM
connie butler

I am new to you..........,but want to know more more about you............ AND I JUST LOVE BJ THOMAS

Nov. 18 2010 10:20 AM
lynz from nyc

I grew up in Texas and used to go dancing whenever BJ Thomas & the Triumphs were in the area.

Nov. 16 2010 12:59 PM
Connie from nj

He's right; Tom Jobim is one of the best song writers of all time.

And Thomas's 'Hooked on a Feeling' is one of the best pop songs of all time!

Nov. 16 2010 12:49 PM
Mike from Tribeca

Please ask Mr. Thomas about his days with the Scepter label, which had its offices on West 54th Street and had a diverse (to say the least) line-up of fine singers and musicians including Tammi Terrell, Dionne Warwick, Roy Head & The Traits, and The Esquires.

Nov. 16 2010 12:21 PM