Dark Dark Dark

« previous episode | next episode »

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Offering much more color than their name implies, the band Dark Dark Dark brings a love of surprise, emotional intensity, and an orchestral sensibility to their music. Songs lunge, blaze, and soothe, carried by the powerful voice of Nona Marie Invie. Hailing from Minnesota, Brooklyn, and New Orleans, the members of Dark Dark Dark convene in the WNYC Studio to play their music, and talk about it with host David Garland.

Sarah Skeen from Tewkesbury, England

Thank you WNYC for making this available.
Really good program!!

Mar. 19 2013 10:59 AM
Germán A

Brilliant!
Have you been in Spain?
Come on! you are invited to Zaragoza!
thanks to express what you are, what you feel... Love
Germán A.

Feb. 03 2012 06:29 AM
Leslie from St. Louis (former NY'er)

I had the pleasure of seeing them live and have taken a real liking to them. I am so pleased they found their way to your fabulous program. Thanks for sharing them.

Mar. 23 2011 07:56 PM
Virginie from Minneapolis, MN

I saw them open for Dosh two years ago here in Minneapolis and enjoyed their part of the show more than Dosh's. I saw them live last week at the same spot as well. Love this band. You can feel and hear the raw emotion....makes me proud to live in Minneapolis!

Dec. 14 2010 04:25 PM
Dr Nemo

One of the best radio sessions I have heard. I did not pass go. I did not collect 200 dollars. I bought their new album and had it shipped. Me. Who never does that. Go figure.

Dec. 09 2010 11:54 PM
Grahm Sisson from Brooklyn, NY

I really enjoyed this segment, I dont own a TV so its nice to catch a great show on the radio and then be able to follow up and see video as well.

thanks again wnyc.

Nov. 09 2010 12:23 PM
Bernard Peurh from Paris

J'aime beaucoup ! Je viens de voir que le groupe sera en concert à Paris ce mercredi 10 novembre, et en dans le reste de la France au cours de novembre... Bravo et merci David pour cette belle émission.

Nov. 09 2010 04:48 AM
Bernard Peurh from Paris

Nov. 09 2010 03:32 AM
Bernard Peurh from Paris

Nov. 09 2010 03:32 AM
marc from New York Listener

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the music of Dark Dark Dark. I also enjoyed the conversation with the band and found them to be very well spoken and wonderfully open and frank. Sunday evenings can often be rather "dark", but this show really picked me up. Thanks...

Nov. 07 2010 09:14 PM
Naomi from Brooklyn, NY

I love it! Lush and gorgeous. Thank you for having them on. Did something good to my brain and hand as I painted...Loved them, soothing, like a dark and beautiful lullaby...

Nov. 07 2010 09:01 PM
dnsfdz from brooklyn

What a pleasant show tonight. Thank you so much for having this wonderful band on. And, I hope you will all continue to come together in such a lovely collaboration.

Nov. 07 2010 08:56 PM
albert from Jersey City

Does the band"s name have anything to do with the great Mekon's song of the same name?

Nov. 07 2010 08:39 PM
Eddie Brown from New York, N.Y.

Many of these bands making "new sounds" today sound freakishly the same, same, SAME. And the female vocalists not only have the same singing voice, But also have the same speaking voice!? Somebody change the tape.

Nov. 07 2010 08:27 PM