Richard Blumenthal appears in the following:
Thursday, June 27, 2013
After yesterday’s Supreme Court decision to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), married same-sex couples became entitled to recognition in the 12 states that currently allow gay marriages. But there was another issue the ruling did not touch—discrimination against gay individuals in the workplace. Senator Richard Blumenthal is on The Takeaway to explain why he sponsored this bill, and how the Supreme Court’s decision on DOMA affects its future.
Monday, December 17, 2012
We continue to cover the latest news from Newtown, CT, where 27 people were killed in a mass shooting. With:
- WNYC's Richard Hake, provides the latest news updates.
- Dr. Alex Afshar, head of Family Health Care Center of Newtown talks about trauma counseling after the shooting.
- Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal on what action the Senate will take and how his office is responding.
- Connecticut Congressman (CT-1) John Larson on what he is doing for his constituents.
- Evan Osnos, New Yorker China reporter, discusses a 36 year-old man's knife attack on an elementary school in China over the weekend in which all 22 victims survived.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal Calls for Investigation of Legality of Asking Job Applicants for Facebook Passwords
Monday, March 26, 2012
Senators Richard Blumenthal from Connecticut and Charles Schumer of New York wrote to the Department of Justice and U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on March 25 asking them to investigate whether requesting and using prospective employees' social network passwords violates current federal law. We're joined by Sen. Blumenthal (D-Conn.) to find out why he chose to take action on the issue.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Connecticut Senator-elect Richard Blumenthal discusses his win over Linda McMahon and his agenda as he heads to Washington D.C.