Manal Omar appears in the following:
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Live from WNYC's Jerome L. Greene Performance Space. Watch the video here.
To wrap up the End of War project, we have a wide-ranging discussion about how we can accomplish peace. Conversations include:
The Veteran's Perspective
- Sead Suvalic, Bosnian refugee and Program Officer, U.S. Programs, International Rescue Committee
- Andrew S. Roberts, Iraq war veteran and director of Military and Veterans Liaison Services at North Shore LIJ
- Carl Callender, a program director at Black Veterans for Social Justice and an Iraq war veteran
Why Not A Department of Peace?
- Dennis Kucinich, U.S. Congressman (D-Ohio)
- John Horgan, science journalist and director of the Center for Science Writings at the Stevens Institute of Technology and author of the new book The End of War
Strategies for Peace
- Manal Omar, director of Iraq, Iran, and North Africa Programs for the US Institute of Peace
- Lena Slachmuijlder, chief programming officer, Search for Common Ground