Britta Waldschmidt-Nelson appears in the following:
Monday, January 21, 2013
On this Martin Luther King, Jr. day, highlights from yesterday's event at the Brooklyn Museum, co-hosted by Farai Chidaya. Featuring:
- A. Peter Bailey, playwright, journalist and activist; author of "Malcolm, Martin, Medgar."
- Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, Director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, The New York Public Library.
- Dr. Peniel Joseph, Professor of History at Tufts University; author of Dark Days, Bright Nights: From Black Power to Barack Obama.
- Dr. Brenda M. Greene, Professor of English and Executive Director of the Center for Black Literature at Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York
- Dr. Britta Waldschmidt-Nelson, of the German Historical Institute, is the author of Dreams and Nightmares: Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and the Struggle for Black Equality in America.