On the Go: WNYC Launches New App
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:02 AM
Take WNYC everywhere you go with our new mobile app, giving listeners a new way to tune in to its dynamic, award-winning news, current affairs, music and cultural programming — any time, any place.
The app provides instant access to WNYC, with live radio streams of WNYC's FM and AM bands, archived episodes of popular shows, thought-provoking articles, engaging blogs, local and national WNYC program podcasts and exclusive videos of notable guests.
The app allows users to share select stories with friends via email, Twitter and Facebook and purchase tickets to WNYC events. The app includes:
● Live radio streams of WNYC’s broadcasts
● On demand access to NYC’s slate of award-winning, personality-driven national programs, including Radiolab with Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen, and Freakonomics Radio with Stephen Dubner, as well as stellar local programs such as The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, and Soundcheck
● Articles about news, politics, business, arts and culture in New York City and its diverse communities
● Exclusive topic-specific content, including political analysis from ItsAFreeCountry.org and articles from WNYC Culture
● Schedule and tickets to events at The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at WNYC.
The WNYC iPhone App is available for free on iTunes. An app for Android is coming soon.